Donetsk, Feb 8 – DAN. DPR has revealed its plan of stabilization of the situation along the contact line in Donbass, which includes heavy weapons withdrawal and establishing of a demilitarized zone in the area of an intense fighting. The information was provided to DAN by DPR Operations Command.
“We prepared our proposals on comprehensive ceasefire and the disengagement of forces all along the line of contact, the document was finalized on February 4 and was undergoing multiple levels of reviews, including with the OSCE.”
DAN interlocutor disclosed the key points of the plan:
1. Immediate and comprehensive ceasefire strictly adhered to all along the contact line;
2. Pullback of all weapons banned under the appropriate documents to storage sites indicated in the abovementioned;
3. Providing unrestricted access for the OSCE SMM to storage and withdrawal sites, which meet the requirements listed in the appropriate agreements;
4. Establishing a demilitarized zone within 1km radius of Donetsk water treatment plant, where the presence of any weapons or personnel shall be banned, in order to restore infrastructure and normal life for civilians in Yasinovataya and Avdeyevka areas (Donetsk agglomeration);
5. Ban of any offensive or any approach move.
DPR Command emphasized that all propositions had been recorded and passed to the Ukrainian command which, nevertheless, completely ignored the Republic’s initiative.
The Principal Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine Alexander Hug refused to assume a mediator function in the negotiations and left the region.*ot