DPR finalizes forces pullback plan

September 27, 2016 13:07 // Updated: September 27, 2016 19:44
архив

Donetsk, Sep 28 – DAN. DPR Military Command finalized the plan to pullback forces and hardware from Petrovskoe village south of Donetsk in the first ever Donbass personnel withdrawal, the Ministry of Defense said.

“We already have a detailed plan to pullback forces and hardware, it has been internally approved, the document fully corresponds to the framework agreement,” said a source in the Ministry.

DPR Defense Ministry reported earlier that the first ever disengagement of forces in Donbass is set to begin between 1 and 3 October 2016 depending on the situation along the line of contact.

DPR Head Alexander Zakharchenko signed the Agreement on the Disengagement of Forces and Hardware in Donbass on September, 23. Earlier the document was signed by LPR Head Igor Plotnitsky and representatives of OSCE, Russia and Ukraine. The framework agreement covers disengagement of forces and military hardware in three zones: near Petrovskoye in DPR and Zolotoye and Stanitsa Luganskaya in LPR.

According to the document the disengagement should be completed within 30 days in each area of at least 2 km by 2 km. Sides should pull back forces synchronically under OSCE monitors observance. Once the disengagement is complete no servicemen are allowed in the areas exept for the Joint Centre for Control and Co-ordination (JCCC) observers.

If you have found a spelling error, please, notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.