Donetsk, Mar 10 – DAN. Five Ukrainian servicemen have been killed and another six have been wounded on the contact line in the Peski settlement area outside Donetsk, the Donetsk People’s Republic People’s Militia reported on Tuesday.
A Ukrainian truck was blasted in the Peski area at around 10 o’clock in the morning. The evacuation vehicle that arrived at the scene some time later also blew up. “At least five servicemen of the Ukrainian army’s 57th Separate Motorised Infantry Brigade were killed and another six were wounded; three of them are in serious condition,” the DPR militia said.
It said that the incidents had been caused by the detonation of anti-tank mines.
Meanwhile, the Ukrainian army units stationed in Peski have been firing at Donetsk non-stop since ten in the morning.
The DPR Office at the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination said that as of now, Ukrainian forces had fired 37 mortar rounds at the Republic’s territory. “The DPR Office repeatedly asked for ceasefire in the area, but Ukraine ignored the requests,” the JCCC said.
There have been no civilian casualties, preliminary reports said.*jk