Сontact Group announces new ceasefire on Aug 29

August 22, 2018 18:10

Donetsk, Aug 22 – DAN. The Contact Group members have agreed on another ceasefire to come into force on the eve of the new school year, said DPR top envoy to the negotiations Denis Pushilin.

“As the school year begins, the Contact Group has agreed upon and supported a stable and comprehensive ceasefire agreement along the contact line to come into force on August 29, 00:01 a.m.”

Pushilin said that the Donbass Republics “fully confirm their commitment to the new truce and are ready to do everything in their power to comply to it”.

“We hope the renewed obligations, as well as previous ceasefire agreements, shall contribute to cementing stability in Donbass and allow us to focus on economic and political settlement.”

According to DAN information, the new truce is to become the 21st ceasefire agreement announced in Donbass since 2014, apart from commitment declarations and multiple local agreements to ceasefire to facilitate repair works. None of the ceasefire agreements has resulted in a permanent and durable silence regime so far. *ot