Donetsk, Nov 4 – DAN. Kiev’s failure to fulfill agreements on the disengagement of forces in Donbass shows that Ukrainian president Vladimir Zelensky lacks authority as a commander-in-chief and is a blatant sabotage of the Minsk Agreements, the DPR Mission to the JCCC said.
Today the JFO HQ issued a statement saying that DPR’s attempt to disengage forces is a provocation.
“Such statement show that their commander-in-chief lacks authority as he earlier announced disengagement plans for October 4. Ukraine’s actions are also a manipulation, a blatant violation of the Minsk Agreements and an attempt to reinterpret the agreements in its favor,” the Mission said.
DPR Foreign Minister Natalia Nikonorova confirmed on October 31 that measures to eliminate violations in the security zone in the Petrovskoye village area will be launched on Monday, November 4.
LPR and DPR representatives initialed a Framework Agreement on pullback of forces in Donbass on September 21-23, 2016, which was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and the OSCE. The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Luganskaya (LPR territory) and Petrovskoe (DPR territory). Security zones of at least zone two km wide and two km long are to be established in each sector.
The disengagement was completed in the Petrovskoye zone in October 2016 for the first time. Later Ukraine troops infiltrated back. Donetsk has been demanding to restore parity ever since.
The Contact Group endorsed a plan to eliminate violations in Petrovskoye (DPR) and Zolotoye (LPR) on October 1.
Last week, on October 29, the renewal of disengagement was completed in the Zolotoye area (LPR).
As for the Petrovskoye area the disengagement was planned for October 4, but Kiev derailed it. The next date will be discussed at the Minsk talks on November 12.
The Framework Agreement is key to further bilateral withdrawal of forces from the contact line which could significantly contribute to the peaceful settlement in the region. *ot