Ukrainian army Mariupol axis offensive postponed indefinitely – Basurin

September 14, 2018 12:20

Donetsk, Sep 14 – DAN. The Ukrainian army’s offensive against the Donetsk People’s Republic in the southern sector of the frontline has been postponed indefinitely, DPR Operations Command deputy commander Eduard Basurin said on Friday.

“Our intelligence reported that the Ukrainian troops’  September 14 offensive on the Mariupol axis had been postponed,” Basurin said.

The Ukrainian leadership made the decision under international pressure. Basurin reminded that Donetsk had been aware of all the Urkainian command’s projects from the beginning, which lost the Ukrainian army the surprise factor and wrecked the troops training plans.

“Our units are standing by to respond to any enemy move. We are ready for any developments,” he said.*jk