Donetsk, Sep 5 - DAN. The Contact Group for peaceful settlement of the Donbass conflict has begun talks in the Belarussian capital, the Donetsk People’s Republic envoy to the Minsk talks, DPR parliament speaker Denis Pushilin said on Wednesday.
“Due to the unprecedented act of sabotage in which DPR Head Alexander Zakharchenko, a signatory to the Minsk Agreements, was killed, the Republic’s delegation demanded that the “school ceasefire agreement” be supplemented with a special security measure, namely a ban on subversive and terrorist activity, and that this proposal be committed to paper,” he said.
An explosion ripped through the Separ restaurant in the centre of the DPR capital at around 17:00 on August 31, killing the Republic’s Head Alexander Zakharchenko and his guard. Twelve people were wounded; five of them were hospitalised and outpatient treatment was provided to another seven. Earlier reports on Wednesday said that one of the blast victims, DPR Council of Ministers deputy chairman Alexander Trofimov had been discharged from hospital.
Minsk is hosting a new round of negotiations over Donbass settlement. The Contact Group subgroups on security, economic, humanitarian issues held talks.*jk