Donetsk, Mar 7 - DAN. The Donetsk People’s Republic envoy to the Contact Group, DPR Foreign Minister Natalia Nikonorova has confirmed the accord on the Donbass “spring ceasefire” starting March 8.
“The DPR envoy to the contact group confirmed that the parties had agreed the date and time of the “spring ceasefire,” the DPR Foreign Ministry press service said on Thursday.
The parties were able to reach a consensus on their recommitment to the ceasefire, effective at 01:01 on March 8, 2019, thanks to the insistence and active position of the OSCE coordinators and despite Ukraine’s unconstructive position.
“Nikonorova confirmed the Donetsk People’s Republic commitment to a comprehensive and unconditional ceasefire,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said.
“We hope that the accord will enable millions of people on both sides of the contact line to have peaceful and quiet spring holiday celebrations,” it added.
The Minsk subgroup on security issues agreed the Donbass “spring ceasefire” date at a video conference earlier on Thursday.*jk