Donetsk, Sep 7 - DAN. Ukraine has to remove the fortifications installed outside Gorlovka in violation of the additional ceasefire control measures in Donbass, the Donetsk People’s Republic representative to the Contact Group, DPR Foreign Minister Natalia Nikonorova told the Donetsk News Agency on Monday.
Earlier reports said that the DPR Head had ordered the Republic’s militia to postpone the elimination of Ukrainian fortifications near the Shumy settlement outside Gorlovka which had been installed in violation of the additional ceasefire control measures.
“We recommend the Ukrainian leadership to focus on the activity towards remedying the violations,” Nikonorova said. “The Donetsk People’s Republic treats its obligations concerning the Minsk accords in a responsible manner and in good faith, but we do not intend to ignore the explicit sabotage of these accords by Ukrainian authorities.”
Kiev has time till 22:00, September 8, 2020; then it has to send a report on the fact of dismantling of fortifications, she added.
On September 5, Pushilin urged Ukraine to make sure that the Ukrainian army’s manpower is absent in the Shumy settlement area starting 08:00, September 7, 2020. At the same time, he ordered the DPR militia to open fire at Ukrainian army fortifications installed outside Gorlovka in violation of the additional ceasefire control measures.
The demands to Kiev that the violations be remedied were first issued in Donetsk on August 28. During the operation of additional ceasefire control measures, Ukrainian servicemen installed new fortifications advancing them towards the Seversky Donets-Donbass water duct arc, a key water supply line in the region) with the view of taking a foothold there.
The package of tighter ceasefire control measures came into force in Donbass on July 27, 2020. The document bans the use of any weapons, deployment of hardware, engineer works, use of unmanned aerial vehicles etc.*jk