Donetsk, Mar 30 - DAN. The “Easter ceasefire” in Donbass proposed by Donetsk People’s Republic Head Alexander Zakharchenko and supported by the Minsk talks participants on March 26, has come into effect.
DPR armed forces formations and units are fully committed to the truce, an Operations Command representative told the Donetsk News Agency.
“The ceasefire timed with the Easter Holiday has come into force. The situation on the contact line has been calm so far, there has been no shelling,” he said.
On March 26, the office of the Special Representative of the OSCE in Ukraine and in the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) announced a comprehensive, lasting and indefinite ceasefire in Donbass effective from 00:01 on March 30. The DPR leadership expressed the hope that the new truce would help stabilise the situation in the conflict zone.*jk