Donetsk, Sep 9 - DAN. Kiev has agreed to Donetsk’s proposal to carry out a joint inspection near the Shumy settlement outside Gorlovka to record and remedy the violations of the additional ceasefire control measures, the Donetsk People’s Republic Foreign Ministry press service reported on Wednesday.
“In the course of the extraordinary Contact Group meeting we finally managed to agree joint inspection with Ukraine to record the elimination of the violations in advancing Ukrainian armed formations’ positions next to the Shumy settlements,” the press service said.
Earlier in the day, reports said that the Contact Group had begun an extraordinary meeting over the situation in the Shumy settlement area.
The DPR authorities planned an operation on September 9 to eliminate Ukrainian army fortifications outside Gorlovka. Donetsk repeatedly said that the People’s Militia had to resort to such measures because Kiev refused to acknowledge that it had violated the additional ceasefire control measures.
The demands that Kiev remedy the violations were first issued in Donetsk on August 28. During the operation of additional ceasefire control measures, Ukrainian servicemen installed new fortifications advancing them towards the Seversky Donets-Donbass water duct arc, a key water supply line in the region, with the view of taking a foothold there.
The package of tighter ceasefire control measures came into force in Donbass on July 27, 2020. The document bans the use of any weapons, deployment of hardware, special operations, engineer works and flights of unmanned aerial vehicles.*jk