Donetsk, Sep 17 - DAN. Donetsk People’s Republic parliamentarians welcomed the participation of Russian specialists in investigating the murder of DPR Head Alexander Zakharchenko.
“My colleagues from the Donetsk Republic faction and I welcome the Republic leadership’s decision to ask Russian specialists to help investigate the murder of Alexander Zakharchenko,” Anatoly Koval who chairs the parliament committee on defence and security said in a statement on Monday.
Koval’s colleague Vladimir Bidyovka said that the idea to ask Russian specialists to help had fully paid off, as a suspected terrorist attack organiser has been detained and admitted his connection to the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU).
An explosion ripped through a restaurant in central Donetsk at around 17:00 on August 31, killing the Republic’s Head Alexander Zakharchenko and his guard. Twelve people were injured. On September 15, acting DPR Head Denis Pushilin said that the investigators ascertained that the terrorist attack had been masterminded by the SBU and western secret services. Pushilin also said that Russian specialists were taking part in the investigation at DPR authorities’ request. *jk