Donetsk, Feb 23 – DAN. Ukrainian military commanders’ actions in Donbass might result in catastrophic consequences for the whole region, the Donetsk People’s Republic Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
On Monday, Ukrainian armed forces commander-in-chief Ruslan Khomchak stated at a joint press conference with Ukrainian Defence Minister Andrey Taran that Ukrainian forces were preparing for an offensive in urban environment and that the training began at all battle units last year.
“The situation on the contact line continues to worsen every day,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said.
DPR diplomats reminded that three days ago, a militiaman was killed and another two were wounded in strikes on the Gorlovka axis, while on Monday, a civilian in the Alexandrovka settlement was wounded. In late January, a Ukrainian sniper wounded a civilian in Alexandrovka; a week ago, saboteurs blew up a militia officer’s car in Gorlovka, which was carrying his 12-year-old daughter.
“It all shows that Kiev representatives in the Contact Group will continue to block all our peace initiatives trying to steer the Donbass situation toward a forceful scenario. It is also shown by the statement about the urban fighting drills which Khomchak made yesterday. However, Ukrainian officials must clearly understand that further escalation can led to irreparable consequences on all fronts and that they will bear personal responsibility for it,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said.*jk