Donetsk, Mar 4 – DAN. The Donetsk People’s Republic Foreign Ministry said that the strike at Donetsk with multiple rocket launchers on Thursday morning was terror against civilian population. It’s the first time Ukraine used this weapon since 2018, it said.
Earlier, the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination reported that Kiev forces used a Grad-P rocket system to fire at the northern suburbs of Donetsk on Thursday morning. The strike was delivered from Ukrainian forces positions in the Opytnoye village area.
“If, by resorting to such treacherous provocations, Ukraine tests our defenders’ ability to retaliate and supress firing positions, we can state that Kiev crosses all possible “red lines” and actually subscribes to unleashing a new spiral of armed escalation,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
Donetsk has officially requested the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission leadership to arrange a visit of their monitors pursuant to their mandate, in order to record the fact of Ukrainian armed formations’ using multiple rocket launchers to fire at residential areas.
“We continue to insist on urgent intervention by Minsk Agreements guarantor countries in the rapidly deteriorating situation regarding a peaceful settlement of the Donbass conflict,” the DPR Foreign Ministry said.
On Wednesday, the DPR People’s Militia said its units had been cleared to open preemptive fire to suppress and destroy Ukrainian firing positions, in connection with the worsening contact line situation.*jk