DPR hopes Kiev gets plans ready to discuss disengagement areas at Minsk meeting

January 24, 2020 11:32

Donetsk, Jan 24 – DAN. DPR hopes that Ukrainian representatives at the Minsk talks shall be ready to discuss the disengagement of forces at three new areas in detail at the next meeting in Minsk, said DPR Foreign Minister Natalia Nikonorova.

“In accordance with the agreement reached at the meeting of the Contact Group on January 16, the DPR has forwarded its proposals on new disengagement locations (coordinates and maps) to the OSCE SMM. We hope that Ukraine does the same, fulfills its obligations in time and the negotiators will have something substantial to discuss at the meeting in Minsk on January 29.”

The minister said that the areas had been picked up on the basis of proposals from the defense and with consideration of DPR security, to release tensions at the contact line and protect civilians.

“Bearing in mind that the first three pilot areas – Stanitsa Luganskaya, Zolotoye and Petrovskoye were designated by Ukraine, we count on that this time Republican plans shall be prioritized.”

Ukraine was not ready to present its draft plans on disengagement at the previous meeting. *ot