Donetsk, Dec 27 – DAN. Donetsk People’s Republic Foreign Minister, DPR envoy to the Contact Group Natalia Nikonorova welcomed the security subgroup’s consensus on the date of introducing a new ceasefire in Donbass, the DPR Foreign Ministry press service reported.
“For her part, Natalia Nikonorova welcomed the consensus on the date of the parties’ resumption of their ceasefire obligations effective from 01:01, Moscow time on December 29, 2018 and reiterated the DPR’s commitment to the comprehensive and unconditional ceasefire,” the report said.
The DPR Ministry expressed the hope that the accord would allow millions of people on both sides of the contact line to have a peaceful celebration of the New Year and Christmas holidays.
Earlier on Thursday, DPR People’s Militia deputy commander Eduard Basurin said that the People’s Militia was fully ready to adhere to the Donbass ceasefire accord effective from December 29.
The Contact Group security subgroup, at a video conference on Thursday, agreed tentative Donbass ceasefire due to begin at 01:01, Moscow time, December 29.*jk