Donetsk, Apr 16 – DAN. Six new COVID-19 cases have been diagnosed in the Donetsk People’s Republic over the past 24 hours, the DPR Healthcare Ministry reported on Thursday.
“On April 16, another six people tested positive,” the report said. “Among the infected are people who visited Donetsk City Hospital No 16’s surgery unit. This section of the hospital is due for quarantine and preventive measures. The access to the hospital is restricted.”
“The hospital only receives patients requiring urgent medical attention; all elective patients are redirected to other hospitals,” the ministry said.
The DPR currently has 32 COVID-19 cases; two people have fully recovered and left hospital, according to the latest reports. No COVID-19 deaths have been recorded.
Earlier reports said that two DPR medics had been diagnosed with coronavirus infection.
The DPR has been on high alert against the danger of COVID-19 outbreak since March 14.*jk