Donetsk, Oct 21 - DAN. OSCE Special Monitoring Mission Donetsk Office personnel have not responded to the protesters’ calls for recording the aftermath of the strikes delivered by Ukrainian forces at the Donetsk People’s Republic capital on Thursday morning, representative of protest action organizers Sergey Yarosh told the Donetsk News Agency.
A child and a girl suffered concussion earlier on Thursday as Kiev forces shelled Donetsk’s Kuibyshevsky district. Four houses, a gas pipe and three cars were reportedly damaged in the strike.
“We’ve repeatedly offered OSCE personnel to visit the scenes of shelling and record Kiev’s crimes including today’s strike, but they are not reacting in any way,” Yarosh said. “Are they interested? Of course they aren’t.”
He added that the protesters would not leave until the OSCE staff had met their demand.
A glowing inscription appeared in front of the OSCE Donetsk Office reading “OSCE, your blindness if is someone’s death.”
The protest action by the Park Inn hotel that houses the OSCE SMM Donetsk Office has been running since October 15. It was launched after Ukrainian forces captured representative of the LPR Office at the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination Andrey Kosyak. The protesters said that the OSCE preferred not to give an assessment of the incident thus putting the whole system of interaction between the parties to the conflict and consequently, the security situation in the region under threat. *jk