Donetsk, Aug 25 – DAN. Over 30 people were killed, more than 40 injured by Kiev forces' shelling since the 'harvest ceasefire' had come into effect, said DPR Operations Command deputy commander Eduard Basurin.
"In the course of the 'harvest ceasefire', since June 24, five civilians and 26 DPR servicemen have been killed, 21 civilians and 20 servicemen have been injured by Kiev's fire," he said.
"At least 161 households have been damaged or destroyed."
Over this period, Kiev fired over 900 artillery rounds of 152mm and 122mm, over 8,000 mortar rounds of various calibers. MLRS were also used.
The 'harvest ceasefire' was agreed to by the sides on June 21 and it was supposed to last until August 31. Ukraine violated it by shelling Dokuchaevsk only after 30 minutes of the silence regime.
The 'school ceasefire' has been agreed to by the sides as the new academic year is to begin in Donbass on September 1.
According to DAN information, a comprehensive ceasefire has been announced in Donbass 16 times, not mentioning local silence regime announcements and agreements to provide repairs at strategic objects. At best, they have contributed to a short-time stabilization.
"Let us give them another chance, let us see what will be the results of the ceasefire," DPR Head Alexander Zakharchenko said earlier on Thursday. *ot