Donetsk, Apr 18 - DAN. Ukrainian army has reinforced its positions in Debaltsevo area with mortars and at least 200 personnel, DPR Operations Command deputy commander Eduard Basurin said on Tuesday.
“Ukrainian army command continues to strengthen its positions along the contact line,” Basurin said.
DPR intelligence spotted eleven 82mm and 120mm mortars and 200 servicemen from 53rd separate motorised infantry brigade arriving in Kiev-controlled Novoluganskoye village area (in vicinity of Debaltsevo, three kilometres from the contact line).
Kiev forces fired 419 mortar and tank gun rounds at DPR territory over the past 24 hours, according to Basurin. Spartak village north of Donetsk, Yasinovataya outskirts and DPR’s
Telmanovksiy district came under massed Ukrainian forces fire.
The Contact Group participants at a meeting in Minsk agreed a new ceasefire in Donbass, which came into effect from 10:00 a.m. on 13 April. Despite the truce, Ukrainian forces continue to shell DPR territory.
DPR Operations Command sources said earlier on Tuesday that Ukrainian army violated the ceasefire 32 times over the past 24 hours. *jk