Donetsk, Sep 13 - DAN. Donetsk People’s Republic militiamen have silenced the Ukrainian army positions from which strikes were delivered at Novolaspa (southern DPR) and Vasilyevka (Yasinovataya’s suburb), the DPR People’s Militia reported on Monday.
“Due to unsuccessful attempts to use the coordination mechanism to stop the fire by Ukrainian armed formations, militia units, with a view to protect the life and health of the Republic’s population, pursuant to Items “e” and “d” of the Additional Measures to Strengthen the Ceasefire, had to open return fire with weapons not banned by the Minsk Agreemetns, in order to suppress the enemy fire,” the report said.
The positions from which fire was delivered at Novolaspa and Vasilyevka on Sunday evening and Monday morning have been supressed, the People’s Militia told the Donetsk News Agency. One Ukrainian serviceman was killed and another two were wounded. DPR miltiiamen also returned fire on Saturday, September 11. Back then, Kiev reported that two Ukrainian servicemen had been killed.
The package of tighter ceasefire control measures has been in effect in Donbass since July 27, 2020. The document bans the use of all weapons, deployment of hardware, special operations, engineer works and unmanned aerial vehicle flights.*jk