DPR publishes letter to OSCE with evidence of Kiev’s derailing Shumy joint inspection

September 10, 2020 21:15

Donetsk, Sep 10 – DAN. The Donetsk People’s Republic Foreign Ministry on Thursday published a letter to OSCE special representative to the Contact Group Heidi Grau requesting her to record Ukraine’s denying access to the DPR representatives to the inspection of Ukrainian army fortifications in the Shumy settlement area, constructed in violation of the additional ceasefire control measures. The materials are available in the Official Information section.

“It (the letter – eds Donetsk News Agency) requests the OSCE: firstly, to make sure that the Ukrainian representatives have complete understanding regarding the coordinates to be inspected, as Kiev, in the course of the Contact Group extraordinary meeting, only presented an intermediate location whereas our data says that the main violations occurred at other coordinates. Secondly, we asked Mrs Grau’s aide who was present at the scene, to record the fact of Ukraine’s denying access to the DPR representatives to monitoring at the coordinates where we had found the violations of the additional ceasefire control measures,” said the statement attached to the documents.

The letter was sent to the OSCE special representative immediately after the DPR received a notification from Ukraine that contained incorrect coordinates of the location subject to inspection. The Foreign Ministry underlined that the publication of the document was forced by Kiev’s information campaign to accuse the Republic of derailing the joint inspection.

“We regard such base and shameless distortion of facts by the Ukrainian leadership as absolutely unacceptable, so we urge to read the published letter to see for yourself who is really responsible for sabotaging the accords,” the Foreign Ministry said.

Among the attachments to the document is the letter by the DPR Office at the Joint Centre for Control and Coordination (JCCC) to the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission, dated September 9, which requested two locations for inspection, as well as the message received by the DPR Office on Thursday morning, which stated Ukraine’s readiness for the inspection at one of the designated locations only. Also, Ukraine refused to draw the final act on the results of the inspection. In addition, the DPR Foreign Ministry showed a photo of engineer works in the Shumy area.

Reports earlier on Thursday said that Kiev had derailed the joint inspection with the DPR in the Shumy area outside Gorlovka.

The DPR authorities planned an operation  to eliminate  Ukrainian army fortifications outside Gorlovka on September 9. Donetsk repeatedly said that the People’s Militia had to resort to such measures because Kiev refused to acknowledge its violations of additional ceasefire control measures. The Contact Group decided its extraordinary videoconference on September 9 to carry out a joint inspection with the view of remedying the violations. Following this decision, the DPR revoked the order to destroy the fortifications.

The demands that Kiev remedy the violations were first issued in Donetsk on August 28. During the operation of additional ceasefire control measures, Ukrainian servicemen installed new fortifications advancing them towards the Seversky Donets-Donbass water duct arc, a key water supply line in the region, with the view of gaining a foothold there.

The package of tighter ceasefire control measures came into force in Donbass on July 27, 2020. The document bans the use of any weapons, deployment of hardware, special operations, engineer works and flights of unmanned aerial vehicles.*jk