DPR urges OSCE to condemn Kiev’s failure to disengage forces

November 04, 2019 15:56

Donetsk, Nov 4 – DAN. DPR Foreign Minister Natalia Nikonorova representing the Republic at the Minsk Talks has urged to condemn Ukraine’s failure to fulfill the disengagement in the Petrovskoye area.

The Contact Group endorsed a plan to eliminate violations in Petrovskoye (DPR) and Zolotoye (LPR) on October 1. Last week, on October 29, the renewal of disengagement was completed in the Zolotoye area (LPR). As for the Petrovskoye area the disengagement was planned for October 4, but Kiev derailed it. The next date will be discussed at the Minsk talks on November 12.

“We demand that Ukraine’s failure to deliver on its obligations is condemned at the meeting of the OSCE Permanent Council. We also inform that we are going to review the situation at the nearest meeting of the Contact Group in Minsk,” Nikonorova said in a statement made available to DAN.

She said Kiev “plays meaningless destructive games”, demands a seven-day ceasefire and cites allegedly uncontrollable radical elements impeding the disengagement. According to Nikonorova, this behavior shows Kiev’s true position concerning peace initiatives.*ot