Donetsk, Oct 9 – DAN. Ukraine has deteriorated the situation in Donbass and jeopardized the Normandy Four summit plans by its failure to renew the disengagement of force, said DPR Foreign Minister Natalia Nikonorova.
Today the Ukrainian side has derailed the plan on renewal of disengagement of forces in the Petrovskoye area. The LPR reported the same situation on the Zolotoye area.
“Whatever caused the sabotage of disengagement renewal, it jeopardizes the Normandy Four summit plans by Kiev’s fault,” she said.
According to Nikonorova, the reason behind is that new Ukrainian authorities lack control over the chain of command and radical formations.
“We consider Ukraine’s behavior completely unacceptable and call on the guarantor countries to execute pressure on Kiev to make it fulfill directives of political advisors of the Normandy Four and joint agreements of the Contact Group, and to restore order in its politics and society.”
Earlier in the day, Deputy Chief Monitor of the OSCE SMM Mark Etherington arrived to Petrovskoye to monitor the renewal of disengagement.
Another attempt to start the pull-back is scheduled for October 10.
The Contact Group endorsed a plan to eliminate violations in Petrovskoye (DPR) and Zolotoye (LPR) on October 1, the process is to take 30 days and to begin on October 7.
LPR and DPR representatives initialed a Framework Agreement on pullback of forces in Donbass on September 21-23, 2016, which was also signed by representatives of Ukraine, Russia and the OSCE. The document provides for three disengagement areas around Zolotoye, Stanitsa Luganskaya (LPR territory) and Petrovskoe (DPR territory). Security zones of at least zone two km wide and two km long are to be established in each sector.
The Framework Agreement is key to further bilateral withdrawal of forces from the contact line which could significantly contribute to the peaceful settlement in the region. *ot