The statement of Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadim Pristaiko on the derailment of efforts to eliminate violations in disengagement areas are at odds with the agreements reached in Minsk on October 1, the DPR Foreign Minister Natalia Nikonorova said.
Earlier on Monday, Pristaiko said that the disengagement had not begun in Petrovskoye and Zolotoye due to shelling incidents.
"Ukrainian Foreign Ministry's statement shows that Kiev's representatives have not bothered to get acquainted with the conditions the sides agreed to to eliminate violations in disengagement areas, or they are derailing the efforts on purpose."
The plan to eliminate violations puts forward the following steps: the conflicting sides inform the SMM on the initial disposition of forces in the disengagement areas; inform the SMM on readiness to withdraw forces and proceed with the pull-back of forces and hardware to re-establish demilitarized zones.
Instead, Ukraine started filling the media sphere with "destructive statements on the necessity to observe a seven-day ceasefire".
"A seven-day silence regime is not a precondition to the reestablishment of disengagement. This approached is supported, in particular by the OSCE."
DPR Mission to the JCCC has informed the OSCE SMM on People's Militia forces locations in the Petrovskoye disengagement area.
The Ukrainian side is expected to act likewise. On October 8 after the SMM confirms it has received notifications from both sides, the sides are to confirm their readiness to disengage forces. On October 9 the sides are to fire signal flares informing on the preparedness to withdraw forces and to begin synchronically the pull-back of forces and hardware detected within the disengagement area. The process is to be completed within three days.*ot*pp